Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Photoshop - Making 4x6 Proofs

After (finally) processing the 1000+ NEF files from my Bermuda trip into large finished JPEGs, I struggled with a quick and easy way to make 4x6 proof files in Photoshop CS2. I figured that there really was a way to do it, and came up with several ways that would get me close. The final piece of the puzzle arrived in the form of a suggestion from my tech adviser (my DH)!

Here is the way to do it:

Open the files in Bridge
Go to Tools> Photoshop> Image Processor
Under #2 - (Location) - Choose your file folder locations.
Under #3 - Click on "Save as JPEG" or whatever file types you want.
Click "Resize to Fit"
Type "1800"for BOTH height AND width. (A square crop!)

I don't know how long it would have taken me to figure out the square crop! How simple and elegant a solution, but how elusive! Thank you DH!!

No comments: